Monday, October 8, 2007

Keeping up appearances

A visit to an old friend's house,a friend whom i haven't seen for ages,reminded me of Madame Bucket in the British comedy keeping up appearances(who insisted to be called Bouquet and answered the phone : this is the bouquet residence the lady of the house speaking)..

How important is it to have a bone china tea set,that you'd just keep in a Curio ,or crystal glasses just for special friends (as another friend said once ,and i was her best friend and never ever got to use those glasses when i was there..so :S)..


I really cannot relate to those people or even communicate well with them coz i am the kind of person who thinks of my home as a place to relax and be comfortable rather than a museum or a show room for visitors.

if I buy a nice peace of furniture or a set of glasses I would rather have fun using them than showing them off in a cabinet,or keeping them off limits for my family.I really feel sorry for those who see the world from a crystal glass or a silver spoon ..life is much too exquisite to be an item behind glass doors.