Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Summer vacation

Summer vacation is official

nowKids are home,and I challenge myself to go through the summer vacation without a nervous breakdown

Kids have to be entertained all the time,or you'll hear the "I'm bored" sentence a hundred times daily..my day starts at 7 am,husband has breakfast and leaves home,and this is the only time of the day I have for myself,I don't go back to sleep or start my daily chores,I try to begin my day as calm as possible doing the thing I love most,go online read, and write sometimes before anyone gets up .and that is when my day really beginsmy son wakes up and starts with the word" I'm bored"how can you be bored ?

You've just woken up!!a little time on his playstation while having breakfast an then again" I'm bored"I remember when I was his age,we had no computers,playstaions,satellite channels,mobiles or any of those new gadgets.all we had was our creative minds and we never used the word "Bored"our summer vacation was 90 days long and we found ways to fill every minute of it with team games,like football,hide and seek, and freeze.card games and handmade toys and kites,that we enjoyed creating and playing with.

Kids these days are spoiled rotten,they have everything to keep them busy and yet they complain all the timeone week passed and many to go..And I am wondering what can I do more to stop him from using that word that gets on my nervesI think that schools should stop the three month vacation and try the quarter /semesters,that would take the heavy load of the summer vacation .I miss school days!


*******************


p.sthe word I'm bored is nothing compared to its Arabic equivalent(zah2aaaaaaaaaaaan)

while rolling from the couch to the floor
some of the things he's been doing in the past week:
(just a little reminder for ME)
playstaion2
psp(playstaion portable)
Computer games(2 or 3 games bought weekly at least)
Internet with broadband connection
going to networking cafe
Going swimming
T.V with hundreds of channels (Showtime added lately)
Going to the Movies with friends
Spending the day at friend's house,or friends coming over
kicking football on the walls when frustrated