Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Grab a book

Grab a Book


Books were my best companion since I can remember, I started reading when I was so young, and never stopped.Reading kept my mind alive , added a lot to my experiences ,helped me through sleepless nights, enriched my heart and soul and entertained me when everything else failed.I just cannot comprehend how young people nowadays fear books and hate the mere idea of reading.my children don't read, I never managed to get them to do so no matter how I tried.


when they were young I bought them books, colorful ones to encourage them to read, I read for them at first but seems they enjoyed the idea of story telling more than the idea of reading .when they grew up ,their teachers asked them to read and summarize books, they managed to find the summary on the net and got away with it.Nothing seemed to work into pushing them to read, even when a best seller book is produced into a movie they preferred to watch the movie rather than read the book. what's the difference, that's their argument,. a whole lot..thats mine.


reading is nothing like watching a movieMany movies were based on best selling books but a 2 hour movie cannot give you the same thrill of reading the original book.I don't like others to imagine things for me, so for me watching a movie is not the same as reading the book.no one can change my mind not now or ever